“Shadows of the Past”
Dramatised Cemetery Walks
A dramatised evening tour of the McLeod St Pioneer Cemetery featuring the evocative music of Cairns Brass. A guided tour taking in over 12 Stories of the lives and deaths of people buried in the cemetery.
Fragments of the past are told through the voices of the living, and piece together a picture of this place as it was at the turn of last century, in the early days of colonial settlement.
The cast of ghosts floating around, speaking of their stories or the stories of their loved ones takes the audience back in time and the feelings evoked by the band, Cairns Brass, touches the spirit of the early 1900’s – when the town and district were being forged by tough people in harsh times, yet they all had dreams and aspirations as we do today.
Shadows of the Past – 2017
Each year we select a new list of Pioneers to tell their stories and we hope you can join us on our dramatized walks through McLeod Street Pioneer Cemetery.
To keep informed of details of our future “Shadows of the Past” dramatised cemetery walks:
- “Like” our Facebook page to receive updates in our news feeds,
- Subscribe to our eNewsletter for email notification, or
- Enquire at email@example.com
- View our Calendar of Events
Shadows of the Past is proudly supported by:
More on our cemeteries:
- “Past Proves Popular” – The Cairns Sun, 23 July 2014
- “Shadows of the Past” – Arts Queensland website, 25 March 2015
- “Cemetery Exposes City’s Past” – our blog, 4 February 2015
- “Cemetery Curriculum for Cairns’ Kids” – our blog, 24 November 2014
- ABC Radio FNQ interview with Cynthia Edwards & Dell Deed – 8 Feb 2017
Website Header Image: Collage created by Louise Coakley using the 2013 cast extracted from Ron Taylor’s photo above, and layered on her own background photo of Mission Beach with several small images. Many thanks to Ron Taylor for his excellent photography!