A Cairns & District Family History Society membership is great value!
Members who live in the Cairns Regional Council area:
- access to our Library and Resource Centre
- expert assistance with your family history and research problems
- free use of our extensive library of books, journals, CDROMs, maps. Many library items can be borrowed
- access to online subscription databases i.e. Ancestry, Findmypast, British Newspaper Archive
- DNA Interest Group and DNA Drop-In Genealogy Clinic for ongoing assistance with your results
- presentations by specialist speakers, education sessions and workshops
- If you are unable to access the Library for reasons of impairment or health, as a member you are entitled to 1 hour FREE research per membership year
Members who live outside the Cairns Regional Council area:
- 3 hours FREE research per membership year
- access to our Family History Centre when you visit Cairns
- online access to our Library Catalogue
- access to members’ only area of the website – content coming soon!
Membership fees for 1 year are:
- $55 per single ($50.00 concession)
- $70 per family ($65.00 concession)
- $20 per student (under 25)
Concession is for full Aged Pension or full Disability Pension only. Membership is for 1 year from the date your payment is received.
To Join or Renew Online:
- Single Membership
- Family Membership
- Student Membership
- $5 concession available to members on full Aged Pension or full Disability Support Pension only. Show card to President or Treasurer to obtain discount coupon code to enter when signing up online.
- You can join or renew online and pay by cash/cheque/direct debit later. Click the relevant link above (Single/Family/Student) to Join/Renew online, select the cash/chq/bank transfer payment method, submit the form, and once your payment has been received by the Treasurer, your transaction will be completed.
To Join or Renew using the printed form:
- Click here to open the membership form
- Complete form and return to CDFHS or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, bank transfer (details on form), PayPal, or visit our Resource Centre during opening hours.
Contact the Society for further information.
Share the joy of family history research with a friend or loved one…
Join your local society and reap the benefits!