When: 2nd Saturday of alternate months
Drop-in anytime between 10am – 4pm
Venue: Family History Centre, 271 Gatton Street, Westcourt
Cost: Free to members & first-time newcomers; $10 non-members
For anyone interested in using DNA testing to connect family
Members or non-members – everyone is welcome!
- Assistance for those totally new to genetic genealogy.
- Experienced testers who’d like to learn more or help others.
- For those with unknown parentage looking for biological family.
- Not sure? Come and find out if DNA testing is right for you.
- Help choosing who to test and test types, depending on your goals.
- Which company to use, how to order, how to test, etc.
- Help understanding results and using third party tools & utilities.
- Help with your online account and tools.
These are friendly and interesting sessions, so please come along 🙂
See Introduction to DNA Testing for Genealogy for a brief introduction to Genetic Genealogy.
Come along to our DNA Interest Group meetings for assistance, to share results and learn about new topics related to DNA testing and analysis.
Refer to our Calendar of Events for upcoming dates.
For further information contact Louise.
UPCOMING CHANGE: At our new Gatton St location we no longer have a separate meeting room for DNA events, so from December 2017 we will be scheduling all our DNA events on the 1st Saturday of each month, when our family history centre is not open. That gives us the whole area to use for DNA, including all laptops and computers, and we will also be able to schedule DNA workshops. Attendees are welcome to bring along their own laptops or tablets.