“Shadows from the Past”
Dramatised Cemetery Walks
A dramatised evening tour of the McLeod St Pioneer Cemetery featuring the evocative music of Cairns Brass. A guided tour taking in over 12 Stories of the lives and deaths of people buried in the cemetery.
Fragments of the past are told through the voices of the living, and piece together a picture of this place as it was at the turn of last century, in the early days of colonial settlement.
The cast of ghosts floating around, speaking of their stories or the stories of their loved ones takes the audience back in time and the feelings evoked by the band, Cairns Brass, touches the spirit of the early 1900’s – when the town and district were being forged by tough people in harsh times, yet they all had dreams and aspirations as we do today.
Shadows from the Past – 2018
Each year we select a new list of Pioneers to tell their stories and we hope you can join us on our dramatized walks through McLeod Street Pioneer Cemetery.
These walks are usually fully booked before the first performance, so make sure you keep informed of details of our future “Shadows from the Past” dramatised cemetery walks:
- “Like” our Facebook page to receive updates in your news feed
- Subscribe to our eNewsletter for email notification
- Enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
- View our Calendar of Events
AUDITIONS for Shadows from the Past 2018!
Are you interested in history?
Would you like to be part of bringing Cairn’s history to life?
Cairns Family History is looking for actors for our 2018 production of ‘Shadows From The Past‘.
No experience is necessary, but you must be over the age of 15.
Auditions will be held on 16 and 23 April at 6pm at Cairns Family History Centre, 271 Gatton Street, Westcourt.
Please bring with you a short monologue (classical or contemporary) to read at the audition.
For more information contact the Director, Michael Gleed, on 0400 215 518.
Shadows from the Past is proudly supported by:
More on our cemeteries & dramatised walks:
- “Past Proves Popular” – The Cairns Sun, 23 July 2014
- “Shadows of the Past” – Arts Queensland website, 25 March 2015
- “Cemetery Exposes City’s Past” – our blog, 4 February 2015
- “Cemetery Curriculum for Cairns’ Kids” – our blog, 24 November 2014
- ABC Radio FNQ interview with Cynthia Edwards & Dell Deed – 8 Feb 2017
- Shadows of the Past 2017 – A night walk through an historical pioneer cemetery: Interview with Dell Deed & Cynthia Edward – YouTube