The Society’s library is located in our Family History Centre at 271 Gatton Street, Westcourt.
Non-members: $8 per hour
- Ancestry.com (world edition)
- Findmypast (world edition)
- British newspaper archive (digital images)
- Trove (includes Australian digital newspapers)
- Other electronic databases covering Australia and overseas resources
Books / Maps
- Family histories & biographies
- Local & school histories and year books
- Shipping records
- Cemetery transcriptions & burial registers
- Overseas – United Kingdom, Ireland, Europe, New Zealand etc.
- Cairns & Far North Queensland collection
- All Australian states & territories
… many of these items can be borrowed by members
The Society holds an extensive collection of CDROMs including BDMs (Digger products) for all Australian states.
An extensive collection of journals for Australian and overseas family history societies, as well as specialized family history journals.
… journals can be borrowed by members
Increasingly Society’s are publishing their journals in an electronic
format. E-journals are available on the Society’s computers.
The library collection is currently being catalogued using LibraryThing. The cataloguing of the book, map, CDROM and microfilm collections is completed. The cataloguing of Journals and microfiche will follow. The LibraryThing catalogue is available from the Society’s computers and online.
See our Catalogue page for a guide to how to access and search the catalogue from your home computer.
Ask our friendly Research Assistants to assist you.
Donations of Library resources are welcome.
Please be aware that space in the library is limited and donations of library materials will be assessed for acceptance on a title by title basis.